Applied Chassidus with Rabbi Simon Jacobson: Is Psychology Antithetical to Torah? Chassidus Applied to Mishpatim, Shekalim and Rosh Chodesh Adar: How Do We Balance Reason and Faith? Our Polarized Country; Was the Rebbe Ever in a Pandemic? Video
MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 343, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, February 7, 2021 / 25 Shevat 5781 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
MyLife MP3s are available to download from ChassidusApplied.com. Become a free member today and receive unlimited Mylife MP3 downloads.
The topics in this week’s 343rd episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
· Chassidus Applied to Mishpatim, Shekalim and Rosh Chodesh Adar
o How do we balance reason and faith?
o How do we build a relationship with G-d?
o What is the power of joy?
· Our polarized country – follow-up
· Was the Rebbe ever in a pandemic?
· Psychology and Torah
o Please frame psychology, spirituality, and Chassidus in some sort of context
o Is psychology antithetical to Torah?
o Do non-Jews have a soul and free will?
o What is the difference between psyche and soul from a Chassidic perspective, and how are they different by Jews and non-Jews?
o How do you explain the end of chapter one in Tanya?
· Chassidus question: What are the 288 sparks? Where did they come from and what are we supposed to do with them?
· MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 14th Place winners:
o Essay English: The BT Approach: Ways to Move Past Barriers to Growth, Michoel Moshel,